On November 19, Dr. Bonnie Henry put new provincial orders in place to reduce the spread of COVID 19. Sadly this means that the Symphony cannot present our Christmas concerts as the order states no concerts or festive gatherings. Our goal continues to be to offer our Fans, music to feed your hearts and souls. Our other goal is to continue to offer our musicians wages. Therefore we are pleased to announce that we have moved our planned December concerts with our Back Row Brass to March 2021. Sadly, it will not be Christmas music but we promise a lot of FUN!
- Concerts will be held on private property outside and can accommodate 50 audience members that will be seated with social distancing in place. The exact concert location address will be provided once you book your ticket. Locations include Parksville and Lantzville.
- Concerts will be 45 minutes in length with audience members arriving no more than 30 minutes ahead and leaving no later than 30 minutes after the concert.
- Your name will be on a list at the tent where you check in upon arrival. This list allows us to track everyone in attendance for purposes of Covid tracking.
- Parking is on the street.
- Audience Members are asked to wear a mask upon entry and exit getting from their car to their seat and back.
- Chairs will be provided by the Symphony and these will be cleaned between performances to required Covid standards.
- No public washrooms at concert locations.
- A washroom will be available for Emergencies ONLY. If used it will be cleaned immediately after.
- Audience members can sit in their COVID bubbles – it is best to advise ahead of time if your Covid bubble is bigger than 2 people.
- Audience members agree that they will NOT attend if they are sick or not feeling well.
- Dress for all weather conditions. Audience members will be able to sit under a large tent – with open walls as this is required for Covid safety.
- If we were not able to offer these concerts due to a change in Covid regulations; the VIS would offer these 3 options instead:
- A ticket to the Christmas & Brass LIVE STREAM on December 4 or another VIS show during the 2020-21 season.
- A tax receipt for the value of your tickets.
- A refund for your tickets.
TICKETS: $40 (plus Port Theatre charges)
Tickets sold through the Port Theatre
Sunday, March 28, 2021 | 1PM & 3PM
Friday, March 19, 2021 | 1PM & 3PM
Saturday, March 20, 2021 | 1PM & 3PM
Sunday, March 21, 2021 | 1PM & 3PM